What a Journey!


What a Journey!

This will be quite lengthy.


College life has never been easy, no one has ever told me it’s going to be easy. I went to 2 universities, first in MSU-Naawan where I took Marine Bio and later on I transferred to MSU-IIT to pursue my pre-med course. BS-BIO (GEN BIO).  College taught me that Education isn’t a gun held to your head, it’s a weapon in your hands and it’s one thing that can never be taken away from you.


Life there in the city, in a new school, in a big university was arduous. It took me a year to finally be able to embrace the adjustments , met a lot of friends, people you never thought would mean so much to you, and friends who became family. I’ve experienced things that inspired me and the things that I never quite come to terms with. Some people would discredit and underestimate you, people who would try to bring you down, people who are toxic, people who give you pain and heartbreak (if you know what I mean) and those people who are negative and energy-draining person who are wired for negativity. Know that they exist for a purpose and it is to test your character, patience and motivate you to strive  harder to become the person you are meant to be.
A year ago, you did not know today. 
You did not know how you’d make it here. 
But you made it here.
 By God’s grace, you made it here


That’s when you shift your focus and appreciate those people who put great impacts in your life.


This time, I’m taking this moment to thank everyone who has been part of my journey.



First and Foremost, to my Personal Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ whom I consider my bestfriend – the one who gave me wisdom, guidance and strength and protection all throughout the days of my life. All glory and Honor was and is for Him.

To my ever-supportive, beloved family whom I consider as one of my source of strength, my prayer warriors Mama Aida, Papa Odong, Ate Mic2x, Ate Quing, Kua Ang, Kua Jhovy, Kua Yang, Ate Karen, Justin, Daeham and Kyle, to the rest of my relatives specially to my Aunts, Auntie Liza and Te Rosie for their love, patience, kindness and understanding, spiritual, moral and financial support. I love you all very much and this success is all for you.


To my thesis adviser and one of the most amazing professors I know Dr. Sharon Rose Tabugo-Rico, thank you maam for your guidance, encouragement and patience to us Team Fractals and the rest of the Sharon Babies. To Sir Macoy, I could never forget you sir, thank you for taking care of me during my 1st days in IIT  & to the rest of my Profs in IIT, who motivated me and inspired to do my best in everything that I do. Thank you all so much maams & sirs. 


To the “Team Shiftee” my squad and my family who welcomed me with open arms despite being a transferee, to Kharl, Jay, Ken, Pearl, Rick, Ate Zyra, Kem and Kuya Larry, for always being there in laughter and in tears, through crest and troughs. For all the fun and exciting moments we shared during college life, you guys remind me that family is not always by blood. It’s the people who want you in theirs. The ones who accept you for who you are and the ones who love you no matter what. Please do remember that you will always be a part of me I will never forget.



To the rest of the Bio People, My MB girls – Loucelle, Jeanie, Reres, Jc and Beth, “HS Squad”  “CSM-EC Co-Officers”, “CUACOM Friends” “Psalm Family”, the “Block61”, the “Pashnea Pips” Grey, Jez, Earth and to the rest of my friends and classmates, who have been part of the my college life, thank you for bringing colors, fun and adventure during my stay in  IIT. I will always thank the Lord for your lives, those memories we’ve shared will be treasured forever.


To my “Omohd Starrock Team” Ate Winky, Jethro and Kua Archi who have been my buddy in silliness together, the people who never stopped believing in me and the ones who taught me how to value time and friendship. Those ephemeral moments we’ve shared makes my college life all the more complete. Thank you so much Omoooohd!!!!



To my roommate, my photographer, my human diary and my best friend Geng JJ, you are my hope in this changing world. Even when I felt like the rest of the world had walked out, you stayed and you never left. Thank you for always being there when I need you most, I couldn’t imagine life without you. Please never change. To Ate Verce for the encouragement, kindness, love and support, for taking care and looking after me while I get stressed out from all the sleepless nights. I love you both so much.


And lastly, to myself.

Hey, remember the times you thought you couldn’t make it? The times you thought your world was about to end and all hope were lost? Remember all those sleepless nights and the 2month straight bilar from working in your thesis joined with studying ur endless quizzes and exams? And the times you tell yourself, you’re finally giving up?

Now here you are and you made it!


Though the road is lined with uncertainty, but you have took it step by step, you’ve given so much and you have worked so hard and fought so hard to so many things just to make it here. You’ve taken the leap and you have waited and not go into shortcuts, for though you were tired from the storms in life and such, you know that the God you worship and the one who gave you all these things will never leave you nor forsake you. Because, He’s the Supreme God and He knows all the plans he Has for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. “Jer.29:11”

I couldn’t be more proud of you self. Keep Believing and Never stop chasing your dreams.




ZY DADOLE PERPETUA
CUM LAUDE

Bachelor of Science in Biology Major in General Biology

Chairman of Culture and Arts
College Service Awardee
College of Science and Mathematics, MSU-IIT

2015-8334 now signing off!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Zy,